By Alan G. Smith
Alan Smith covers how styles of rivalry and cooperation—and the ensuing govt policies—may be tormented by such elements because the surrounding political framework, the distribution of effect, and political motivation, together with values in addition to fabric pursuits. to reveal scholars to the politics of particular international locations, every one bankruptcy concludes with nation case experiences that light up the subject matter of the bankruptcy. scholars emerge with a feeling of what's happening on the planet today.
Pedagogically, the e-book employs cautious sequencing of themes and ideas for readability and to introduce politics in a usual, logical, synchronized approach. every now and then Smith is going past sharp, night-and-day terminological differences so as to add available, usual language-based terminology that higher captures the real-world spectrum among the extremes. A Comparative advent to Political Science: Contention and Cooperation presents a entire educating and studying package deal together with those ancillaries:
- Test Bank. on hand for adopters to obtain, the try out financial institution offers multiple-choice, true/false, and essay questions for every bankruptcy.
- Testing Software. This customizable attempt financial institution is obtainable as a notice dossier or in Respondus 4.0—a strong instrument for developing and coping with tests that may be published out or released on to the preferred studying administration structures. checks may be created offline or moved from one LMS to a different. Respondus LE is on the market at no cost and will be used to automate the method of making published checks. Respondus 3.5, in the stores or through a faculty web site license, prepares checks to be uploaded to an LMS. click on right here: http://www.respondus.com/products/testbank/search.php to put up your request.
- Companion Website. The open-access better half web site is designed to have interaction scholars with the fabric and make stronger what they’ve discovered within the school room. for every bankruptcy, flash playing cards and self-quizzes support scholars grasp the content material and follow that wisdom to real-life events. scholars can entry the spouse site from their pcs, drugs, or cellular devices.
- eBook. The full-color booklet permits scholars to entry this textbook every time, wherever. The book contains the whole print version rendered in bright colour and contours direct hyperlinks to the spouse site.
- PowerPoint Slides. For each bankruptcy, paintings slides of all figures and tables can be found for adopters to download.
Read or Download A Comparative Introduction to Political Science: Contention and Cooperation PDF
Best government books
Word: it is a shortened model of the unique, hardcover paintings. References were got rid of. This booklet addresses concerns on the topic of the constitution of neighborhood executive: the determinants of consolidation and the aptitude influence of consolidation on neighborhood executive spending. it is a slim project and leaves vital components of neighborhood executive reform for destiny research.
Towns have led how to wrestle weather swap by means of making plans and enforcing weather mitigation and variation guidelines. those neighborhood efforts transcend nationwide limitations. towns are forming transnational networks to augment their understandings and practices for weather guidelines. unlike nationwide governments that experience a number of hindrances to deal with international weather swap within the foreign and nationwide point, towns became major overseas actors within the box of diplomacy and environmental governance.
Cybercrime impacts over 1 million humans around the world an afternoon, and cyber assaults on public associations and companies are expanding. This publication interrogates the eu Union's evolving cybersecurity rules and process and argues that whereas growth is being made, a lot continues to be performed to make sure a safe and resilient our on-line world sooner or later.
Multi-institutional governance architectures are more and more universal in global politics, but how do they evolve over the years? This ebook develops a clean conceptual procedure by means of distinguishing major forms of institutional switch and by means of featuring the strategic context in which governments make judgements concerning foreign cooperation because the major riding issue.
- Crises in World Politics: Theory and Reality
- The Price of Progress: Public Services, Taxation, and the American Corporate State, 1877 to 1929 (Reconfiguring American Political History): Public Services, ... and the American Corporate State, 1877-1929
- Feminist Activism at War: Belgrade and Zagreb Feminists in the 1990s (Gender and Comparative Politics)
- Saudi Maritime Policy: Integrated Governance (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
Additional resources for A Comparative Introduction to Political Science: Contention and Cooperation
A Comparative Introduction to Political Science: Contention and Cooperation by Alan G. Smith