By Sun Hongmao
This e-book will not be an exhaustive survey masking all points of rational drug layout. as an alternative, it's going to supply serious information via real-world examples. proper case reports might be offered and analyzed to demonstrate the subsequent: easy methods to optimize a lead compound even if one has excessive or low degrees of structural details; how you can derive hits from rivals’ lively compounds or from usual ligands of the goals; tips to springboard from opponents’ SAR wisdom in lead optimization; the best way to layout a ligand to intervene with protein-protein interactions via adequately interpreting the PPI interface; tips to sidestep IP blockage utilizing info mining; the best way to build and completely make the most of a knowledge-based molecular descriptor process; how you can construct a competent QSAR version via concentrating on information caliber and correct choice of molecular descriptors and statistical methods. A functional consultant to Rational Drug Design makes a speciality of computational drug layout, with in basic terms simple insurance of biology and chemistry matters, comparable to assay layout, goal validation and artificial routes.
- Discusses various tactics appropriate to day-by-day drug layout
- Readers can obtain the fabrics utilized in the ebook, together with constructions, scripts, uncooked info, protocols, and codes, making this publication compatible source for brief classes or workshops
- Offers a distinct point of view on drug discovery study a result of author’s cross-discipline schooling background
- Explores the author’s wealthy reports in either pharmaceutical and educational settings
Read Online or Download A Practical Guide to Rational Drug Design PDF
Best biotechnology books
Many types of latest, advanced illnesses are consistently being came across, which leaves scientists with little selection yet to include cutting edge equipment for controlling the invasion of life-threatening difficulties. using nanotechnology has given scientists a chance to create nanomaterials which could support doctors in diagnosing and treating difficulties fast and successfully.
With the expanding all over the world incidence of tissue harm, there's an pressing, growing to be call for for tissue engineering fabrics to imitate autologous tissue for surgical fix. Many makes an attempt were made to supply long-lasting, biocompatible implants. to beat the mechanical and organic boundaries of artificial implants, the advance of local macromolecule-based 3D substitutes as choices has been the newest concentration.
People face the problem of manufacturing adequate foodstuff to fulfill the calls for imposed by way of monetary, organic and agricultural components: emerging inhabitants; emerging source of revenue; and an expectation of upper caliber meals and a extra various vitamin; reducing volume of land to be had for nutrients creation; reducing environmental effect of agricultural practices and retaining biodiversity.
This publication highlights the results of nanotechnology in plant sciences, quite its strength to enhance nutrition and agricultural platforms, via cutting edge, green methods, and accordingly to extend plant productiveness. subject matters comprise a variety of elements of nanomaterials: biophysical and biochemical houses; equipment of remedy, detection and quantification; tools of quantifying the uptake of nanomaterials and their translocation and accumulation in vegetation.
- Engineering Foods for Bioactives Stability and Delivery (Food Engineering Series)
- Mathematics for the Life Sciences
- Fundamentals and Application of New Bioproduction Systems (Advances in Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology)
- Systems Biology and Bioinformatics: A Computational Approach
- Somatic Hybridization Improvement II Biotechnology Agriculture and Forestry (Biotechnology in Agriculture and Forestry)
Extra resources for A Practical Guide to Rational Drug Design
A Practical Guide to Rational Drug Design by Sun Hongmao